A new update is now available for Android users. Version 1.3.2 contains mostly bug fixes that should tide you over until 1.4 is released:
- Alter. GPS mode is on by default. This only affects new installs, so it won’t change your existing setting, but if you’d previously deleted SportyPal Pro and are now installing it anew and you prefer to have the option off, then remember to turn it off manually.
- The last selected activity type should now always be displayed in the scrolling menu on the first screen. Additionally, you should be able to click any type to select it.
- The Month view in the main screen should be updated properly after a workout now.
- Fixed a bug where deleting a workout from the workouts list would display an incomplete dialog on some devices.
- Failing to upload a workout from the workout details screen or workouts list now displays a more detailed error message.
- Fixed a bug where turning the Keep screen on option off would have no effect and the screen would still be kept on during workouts. The screen is now kept on at full brightness.
- The workout details screen now defaults to speed or pace depending on the last view during your last workout.
- Added additional languages.
- Your weight is now displayed rounded to .1 instead of a whole number.
- Fixed a couple of rotation-based EULA issues: having to click it twice, it reappearing after you’ve clicked it off.
- The hardware back button in the welcome screen now leaves the app instead of continuing to the main screen.
- Fixed a bug where multiple rotations + screen locks in the main screen would exit the app on some devices.
- Improved how certain screens deal with the device running out of memory.
- Fixed a bug where entering bad values for height in feet/inches could cause an ANR.
- Fixed several crash scenarios, mostly thanks to your Market reports. You keep ’em coming, we’ll keep on fixing them.
- Name and password fields no longer accept the &, < and > characters, which would cause the server to reject your registration or login attempts. Additionally, if you do manage to enter an illegal character somehow, the error message you receive from the server won’t be as cryptic as “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”.
- Time-based goals have been capped at 50 hours.
You can find SportyPal Pro by searching for it on the Android Market, or by scanning the QR code displayed here.
Note that if you are upgrading from a beta version of SportyPal Pro, you must first uninstall the previous version before installing this one.