SportyPal Pro 1.4 for Android
Version 1.4 of SportyPal Pro for Android is finally available, adding ANT+ support and heart rate-based calorie counts, as well as calorie counts for most workout types without a heart rate monitor. Here’s a list of changes since version 1.3.6:
- SportyPal Pro now supports ANT+ heart rate monitors. If you have an ANT+ heart rate monitor and your device has ANT+ support, then ANT+ will appear in the “Heart rate devices” list in the heart rate settings screen. You may need to install the ANT+ Radio Service for this to work (you will be prompted to do this if needed) .
- SportyPal Pro will now calculate your calorie burn using your heart rate if most of your workout has heart rate data, regardless of workout type.
- If heart rate is enabled on your device, you can click on the progress bar during a workout to view your current heart rate zone.
- If you do not have a heart rate monitor, you will still get a calorie count for most workout types. The only types that will not display calorie counts are now Freestyle, Driving, Flying, Sailing, Golf and Paragliding.
- The workout type selection menu should now work properly on most devices.
- You can now long press on any item in the workouts list and get an option to upload all workouts that you have not uploaded so far.
- Workouts started on a track will automatically display the map view when the workout starts.
- The map view now allows you to click on the stats views to change them, just like in the main workout screen.
- The stats views in the main workout screens can now be flipped freely, and there are new little dots in between to remind you that you can do this. The state of the stats views is now saved between workouts.
- Improved position filtering to reduce GPS errors.
- If you have Winamp installed and your device’s standard music player is unavailable, SportyPal Pro will start Winamp instead.
- The workout details screen can now be viewed in landscape mode.
- Heart rate settings screen is reachable from the settings screen now.
- In the main screen menu, there is now an About option which allows you to see which version you’re running.
- Birthday and gender are now saved properly when logging in.
- The unit for pace in the workout details screen now displays correctly if the unit system is set to Imperial.
- Fixed a bug where the workout screen would not close properly if a workout is uploaded and there is a new version of SportyPal Pro available.
- Fixed a bug where disabling having either Facebook or Twitter (but not both) set to ask would result in not having the ask dialog appear.
- The track details and goal screens now allow you to change the workout type by clicking on the type icon.
- Heart rate monitor should reconnect faster if it drops the connection mid-workout.
- New users will now have the E-mail field pre-filled with their Market account address (Android 2+).
- Certain workouts containing invalid data will no longer hold up the workout sync process.
- Track sync dialog looks prettier and should no longer be affected by the device going to sleep.
- Removed the radio buttons from the sync selection dialog.
- Live map’s initial state (Hybrid/Road) fixed.
- Fixed a bug that would make the continue/pause icons in the workout screen appear faded if the menu is opened during the workout (does not affect small screen devices).
- Icon is now transparent.
- The default age for new users is now 30.
- Voice notification fixes.
- Translation fixes.
- ANR fixes.
- Crash fixes.
You can find SportyPal Pro by searching for it on the Android Market, or by scanning the QR code displayed here.
Note that if you are upgrading from a beta version of SportyPal Pro, you must first uninstall the previous version before installing this one.Explore posts in the same categories: Updates
Tags: AndroidYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.